Beacon Cinema Reopens TOMORROW
The Beacon Cinema is ready to open its doors to the public after almost a year after closing during the COVID-19 pandemic.
Tomorrow, Friday, Feb 26, Pittsfield's downtown movie theatre, The Beacon Cinema will welcome the public back to the movies with lots of new regulations in place.
Cory Jacobs of Phoenix Theatres, the Beacon's parent company said the following: “Our management group has spent the past ten months working on developing a comprehensive plan to carefully re-open our theatres with the help of the National Association of Theatre Owners, Dr. Daniel Z. Uslan, an epidemiologist from U.C.L.A., and the most current CDC guidance.”
A new reserved seating program was installed in the theatre's computer system to ensure proper social distancing. Guests will be able to select their seats in advance either on the website or the newly developed mobile app. The computer will automatically remove two seats between each pair sold, creating a checkerboard style pattern. This will provide six feet of separation between guests to safely social distance while watching a film.
Prior to re-opening, a specialized training group came to Pittsfield to individually work with every employee at The Beacon to ensure a complete understanding of the importance of following the newly established guidelines for operations.
Phoenix Theatres plans to incorporate both CDC and local government standards on how a theatre should safely operate. Working closely with the National Association of Theatre Owners the company has established new safety protocols for every aspect of the theatre:
· We have social distancing guidelines in all common areas and most importantly in the theatre auditoriums. The seating layout will automatically be configured within our reserved seating computer software so that customers will not be within six feet of other guests who are not in their family group.
· Employees are required to wear face masks and other protective equipment.
· Guests will be required to wear face masks when moving about the theatre.
· We have streamlined transactions at the ticketing and concession stand to further minimize touchpoints.
· We use a food-grade disinfectant spray on all seats that remove 99.99% of all viruses on surfaces within 30 seconds.
· We will also use this disinfectant spray on high touchpoints throughout the building including the restrooms and concession areas.
· Hand sanitizer stations will also be provided for customer use throughout the theatre.
So what's playing when The Beacon reopens tomorrow? Here are your coming attractions:
- Searchlight’s critically acclaimed film “Nomadland,” starring Frances McDormand,
- Warner Brother’s “Tom & Jerry”
- Universal Pictures’ “The Croods - A New Age”
- Warner Brother’s new Denzel Washington film “The Little Things”
- Warner Brother’s “Wonder Woman 1984,” starring Gal Gadot
- Universal’s new Tom Hanks film “News of The World.”
- Walt Disney Studios’ new animated film “Raya and the Last Dragon
15 Iconic Retail Stores That Don't Exist Anymore (But We Totally Miss Shopping At)