Careless Smoking Cause Of Pittsfield Fire
On Wednesday afternoon around 12:06 p.m., Pittsfield firefighters responded to 64 Wellington Ave. for a reported structure fire.
Upon arrival, firefighters found smoke coming from the windows on the second floor, according to a release from the Pittsfield Fire Department.
A lone resident was able to escape and the fire was contained to the point of origin on the second floor of the three family home. The other two apartments were unharmed.
Careless smoking material was determined the cause of the fire.