22 Big Cities In Massachusetts That Voted ‘No’ On Marijuana
Election Day is a few weeks away and I remember Massachusetts' historic vote to legalize the recreational use of marijuana in 2016.
Massachusetts Legalizes Recreational Use of Marijuana in Nov. of 2016
By a margin of 54 to 46 percent (with 96 percent of precincts reporting), voters approved a ballot question that will allow adults 21 and older to be in possession of pot and grow it at home starting on Dec. 15. And weed could be for sale in stores by Jan. 1, 2018, unless the state Legislature moves that date further into the future. -wbur.org
Not All Municipalities Wanted It, Here are 22 Big Cities That Voted NO.
- North Andover
List courtesy of OnlyInBoston
Recreational Sales of Marijuana Drive A lot of Revenue for Massachusetts
Recreational marijuana sales in the state reached $132.8 million, the highest amount of adult-use gross sales in Massachusetts since adult-use marijuana retail stores opened in Nov. 2018. -masscannabiscontrol.com
The Law in Massachusetts Regarding Recreational Cannabis
Although marijuana is legal in the Commonwealth, certain caveats exist regarding its possession and use. Massachusetts Recreational Marijuana Laws prohibits residents from:
- Possessing, using, purchasing, or processing more than 1 ounce of marijuana or 5 grams of marijuana concentrates for recreational purposes
- Possessing more than 10 ounces of marijuana on their private residence
- Purchasing or transporting more than six marijuana plants, three of which must be seedlings
- Cultivating more than 12 marijuana plants per residence. These marijuana plants must also be grown out of public view.
- Transporting marijuana in a container that is not locked or sealed
- Consuming marijuana in public
- Giving marijuana to individuals under the age of 21
- Transporting marijuana out of the Commonwealth
Cannabis is legal in some facet in almost every state besides South Carolina, Idaho, Kansas, and Wyoming where it is fully illegal.
These 50 US Cities are Crawling with Bed Bugs
Gallery Credit: Scott Clow