Work As An Employment Specialist With MassHire Berkshire Career Center
Assist job seekers in securing gainful employment with a career as an employment specialist at MassHire Berkshire Career Center, which has immediate need for new hires who are looking to make a positive impact on others' lives and promote self-sufficiency, progression and growth.
This is a full-time, 35 hours per week, temporarily remote position that works 8 a.m. to 4 p.m. Once the office reopens to the public, you will transition to working on site. Until then, however, all Career Center services are being delivered virtually due to the COVID-19 pandemic.
By using your skills to help others, you will be doing fulfilling, meaningful, rewarding work that will help job seekers find work and meet occupational and training goals. You will also help businesses by providing them access to qualified candidates and keeping them informed about resources to strengthen their business.
One way the Career Center helps job seekers is by offering workshops and seminars, all of which are now delivered as a webinar on a weekly basis.
- Webinars include:
• Online Job Search Strategies (Webinar) Mondays 11:00am-12:00pm
• Job Club (Webinar) Mondays 1:00pm-2:00pm
• WIOA Orientation (Webinar) Tuesdays 10:00am-11:00am
• Career Center Seminar (Webinar) Wednesdays 1:00pm-2:30pm
• Creating Your Resume (Webinar) Thursdays 10:00am-11:00am
• Interview More Effectively (Webinar) Thursdays 11:30am-12:30pm
- Additional Job Seeker Services
• Career planning
• Career assessments
• Information on eligible training providers and occupational skills training funding (eligibility requirements apply)
• Employment counseling
• Labor market information
• Recruitments, job fairs and job listings
• Job search assistance