No One Injured in Friday Grease Fire
According to the Pittsfield Fire Department, this past Friday at 3:22 pm, PFD responded to 28 Dartmouth Street for a reported grease fire. Upon arrival they found a kitchen fire in Apartment 6 on the second floor. Engine 2 crew put out the fire in short order, while Engine 3 searched the second floor, checked for extension, and secured utilities for the affected area. Truck 2 provided positive pressure ventilation.
Thankfully, there were no reported firefighter or civilian injuries associated with the fire. Damage is estimated to be less than a thousand dollars. The cause of fire was cooking with excessive grease build up in a stovetop vent system. There were 5 units in the multi-family apartment building. All occupants were allowed to return without being displaced.