Stop & Shop is Recalling Some of its Store Brand Shrimp
Hold off on cooking that shrimp you just purchased... at least until you take a good look at the packaging. There’s is a recall from Stop & Shop that might change your dinner plans. I’ve always sort of had this weird thing about raw shrimp anyway. I don’t know if it’s the peeling, the cleaning, or the not knowing if I cooked it long enough, but something about it just doesn’t sit right with me. Not that I won’t eat it, mind you.
In any case, here is the recall information:
Stop & Shop is recalling select store brand thawed and frozen cooked shrimp after receiving notification from its supplier of potential for the products to be contaminated with salmonella.
The affected products are:
- 26/30 Cooked Peeled Tail-on Shrimp 1 LB, UPC# 087689100200 or UPC# 68826712345 LOT CODE: AQ-23-2950-1 BEST BY:10/21/2022, LOT CODE:AQ-23-2960-1 BEST BY:10/22/2022
- 31/40 Cooked Peeled Tail-on Shrimp 2 LB, UPC#073114965085 or UPC# 68826712348 LOT CODE:AQ-23-2930-1 BEST BY:10/19/2022, LOT CODE:AQ-23-2940-1 BEST BY:10/20/2022, LOT CODE:AQ-23-3180-1 BEST BY:11/13/2022, LOT CODE:AQ-23-3200-1 BEST BY:11/15/2022, LOT CODE: AQ-23-3450-1 BEST BY:12/10/2022, LOT CODE: AQ-23-3470-1 BEST BY:12/12/2022
- 31/40 Cooked Peeled Tail-on Shrimp 1 LB, UPC#0688267123474 LOT CODE:AQ-23-3380-1 BEST BY: 12/03/2022, LOT CODE:AQ-23-3390-1 BEST BY:12/04/2022, LOT CODE:AQ-23-3520-1 BEST BY:12/17/2022, LOT CODE:AQ-23-3530-1 BEST BY:12/18/2022
- SB 31 40 Cocktail Thaw, PLU#88, SELL CODE#200086482
- SB 31 40 Cocktail Thaw, PLU#594, SELL CODE#200086057
Customers who purchased any of these impacted products should not consume it, discard any unused portions, and bring their purchase receipt to a nearby store or call Customer Service at 1 (800) 767-7772 for a full refund.
Let’s end with a Seinfeld reference, because... why not.
“Hey George, the ocean called. They’re running out of shrimp.”
CHECK IT OUT: See the 100 most popular brands in America