The Big E COVID-19 Restrictions, What You Need to Know About the Western Massachusetts Fair
After a forced cancellation last year, the Eastern States Exposition is back for the Fall of 2021.
Start next week, thousands of local residents and visitors will flock to the Fair Ground in West Springfield, Massachusetts to enjoy food, fun, animals, shows, and shopping. This wildly popular event is taking COVID-19 precautions in line with state and local guidelines.
Planning on attending, here's what you need to know. These protocols are up to date as of Sep. 9, 2021.
- The Big E adheres to current Massachusetts and City of West Springfield COVID-19 regulations and guidance and has taken action to protect the health and well-being of our customers and employees.
- Established thorough cleaning and disinfecting protocols throughout the grounds
- Hand washing capabilities or hand sanitizer at transaction locations
- Masks are not required at ESE for those who are fully vaccinated except under limited circumstances as required by the Commonwealth of Massachusetts. Masks will be required in the following areas regardless of vaccination status: First aid stations, including office areas, and any area in which first aid is being administered, Public Safety and other personnel assisting with first aid or similar emergencies, and on all shuttles to and from The Big E including employee vans and other group transportation.
- Unvaccinated staff/volunteers or staff/volunteers who are not fully vaccinated (2 weeks past vaccination for single dose, 2 weeks past 2nd dose for two-dose) are encouraged to wear a mask while at ESE. Unvaccinated staff or staff not fully vaccinated will continue to follow our previous policy of self-certification prior to each shift and must wear a mask until such time that this policy changes.
- Visitors, staff, and any other constituents to ESE will be strongly encouraged to wear masks inside buildings regardless of vaccination status.
- If you are sick or have been in the last 24 hours, please DO NOT ATTEND.
Still have questions? Check out their official safety video below.