Wind Chill Advisory; High Winds To Affect The Berkshires
There is a wind chill advisory in effect for Berkshire County from 11 p.m. Monday night through Tuesday morning 11 a.m.
We can expect very cold temperatures and wind chills are expected to be between 15 and 20 below zero.
According to the Weather Channel, the next two days look like this
Rain and snow tapering off this morning. Partly cloudy and windy for the afternoon. Morning high of 40F with temps falling to near freezing. Winds WNW at 20 to 30 mph. Chance of precip 60%. Winds could occasionally gust over 40 mph.
Partly cloudy and windy. A few flurries are possible. Low 8F. Winds WNW at 20 to 30 mph.
Mostly sunny and windy. High 23F. Winds WNW at 20 to 30 mph. Winds could occasionally gust over 40 mph.
If dead trees happen to knock down powerlines, there are steps you can take to remain as safe as possible.
- Keep freezers and refrigerators closed. ...
- Maintain food supplies that do not require refrigeration.
- Avoid carbon monoxide poisoning. ...
- Check on your neighbors. ...
- Go to a community location with power if heat or cold is extreme.
- Turn off or disconnect appliances, equipment or electronics.
The good news is the first day of Spring is on Saturday, Mar. 20!
Temps in the 30's and 40's and sunshine look to be a big part of the ten-day forecast.
We 'spring' clocks forward Sunday Mar. 14. YEAH, more sun in the afternoon!
50 Famous Brands That No Longer Exist