Big Y Supermarket Requiring Masks For Customers
Springfield based grocery chain Big Y is now requiring not just employees, but customers to wear face masks and/or face coverings while inside the store. Yesterday, the grocer sent out new guidelines listed below.
- All Big Y World Class Markets will have posted customer limits. Should capacity be reached at any point, a store employee will assist customers with queuing up outside the store using social distancing.
- All Employees and Customers must wear a mask or face covering in the building at all times.
- Big Y requests shopping trips be limited to one person per household whenever possible.
- While in the store, government guidelines require social distancing of 6 feet when and where possible.
- Please observe one-way aisle directions where present.
- Checkout social distancing markers have been added to all stores as well.
If local or state regulations allow for an exception due to underlying health conditions, employees and customers with health concerns can be excluded from being required to wear a mask.