Chimney Fire Reminder To Clean On Regular Basis
According to a press release from the Pittsfield Fire Department, yesterday at 7:45 in the evening the Pittsfield Fire Department responded to 91 East Housatonic Street for a reported chimney fire.
Upon arrival firefighters found active fire in the chimney, with large embers discharging from the top onto the roof. A response of Tower-1, Engines 3&1, and Car-2 remained on scene for 1-1/2 hours extinguishing the fire and removing the contents to the outside. There were no injuries reported.
The Fire Department wishes to extend their thanks to the passerby who reported the fire. They would also like to remind homeowners to clean your chimneys and liners on a consistent basis.