According to, the A-Mart Convenience & Liquor Store on North Street was fully engulfed in flames just before 10:30 last night.
UPDATE: According to Chief Tom Sammons, the firefighter who went to BMC for treatment has already been released and is home safely.
When firefighters arrived at the scene flames were billowing from the roof.  One firefighter was taken to Berkshire Medical Center and North Street was closed between Linden and Madison.
 The store was open until 10 p.m. last night, so it's not believed customers were in the building at the times. The business had been purchased by a Chelmsford company, Sonal Patel LLC, in September 2017.

View this post on Instagram

#amarton fire

A post shared by Sean Boyle (@sean.boyle48) on


More From WBEC FM