Here Are 20 Words Massachusetts Residents Constantly Misspell
Don't tell local children's author Ty Allan Jackson, but when I was a kid, I used to hate to read. Maybe it was an early onset of ADHD, but no matter what I read, I found it hard to keep engaged.
With the lack of reading, though, comes an arrested vocabulary and poor spelling skills. I will say, however, some words are just HARD to spell especially with our tricky English language.
HERE ARE 20 WORDS THAT MASSACHUSETTS RESIDENTS CONSTANTLY MISSPELL!
1. It's TRIATHLON not TRIATHALON
2. It's CEMETERY not CEMETARY
3. It's GRAMMAR not GRAMMER
4. It's DEFINITELY not DEFINETLY
5. It's GOVERNMENT not GOVERMENT
6. It's RECEIVE not RECIEVE
7. It's ESPRESSO not EXPRESSO
8. It's PUBLICLY not PUBLICALLY
9. It's SEPARATE not SEPERATE
10. It's ASTIGMATISM not A STIGMATISM
11. It's CALENDAR not CALENDER
12. It's TONGUE not TOUNGE
13. It's UNFORESEEN not UNFORSEEN
14. It's FURTHER not FUTHER
15. It's COMMITTEE not COMMITEE
16. It's ECSTASY not ECSTACY
17. It's ENVIRONMENT not ENVIORNMENT
18. It's PRIVILEGE not PRIVALEGE
19. It's EMBARRASS not EMBARASS
20. It's RESTAURANT not RESTARAUNT
NOW CLICK HERE FOR WORDS PEOPLE MISPRONOUNCE!
LOOK: The top holiday toys from the year you were born
With the holiday spirit in the air, it’s the perfect time to dive into the history of iconic holiday gifts. Using national toy archives and data curated by The Strong from 1920 to today, Stacker searched for products that caught hold of the public zeitgeist through novelty, innovation, kitsch, quirk, or simply great timing, and then rocketed to success.