Update: Once Again, Pittsfield Has A Free Summer Lunch Program
Yes, it's true, Berkshire County residents. Thanks to the caring, thoughtful folks at the Pittsfield Public Schools, there will be another free lunch program offered at several locations in Pittsfield this summer.
According to a flyer sent to us by Pittsfield Public School's Nutrition Director Sylvana Bryan, the free lunches will be available at different locations across the city through August 26(unless otherwise noted). And some locations will also be offering free breakfasts, too!
The locations are spread throughout Pittsfield to make it more convenient for everyone. Hopefully, there will one close to you. The free summer school lunch(and breakfast at some locations!) program is being offered at the following locations:
- Berkshire Peak Apartments, West Street-Lunch Only, 12:15 to 12:45 p.m., July 5-August 12
- Brattlebrook Village, April Lane-Lunch Only, 12:30 to 1 p.m.
- Conte Community School, West Union Street-Breakfast, 9 to 9:30 a.m., Lunch, Noon to 12:30 p.m.
- Morningside Community School, Burbank Street-Breakfast 9 to 9:30 a.m., Lunch, Noon to 12:30 p.m.
- Pittsfield Farmer's Market, First Street Common-Lunch Only, Saturdays Only, 11:30 a.m. to 1 p.m. through August 20
Keep in mind that the free lunch program happens Monday through Friday(unless otherwise noted) and it runs through August 26(again, unless otherwise specified). All kids 18 and under eat for free.
A HUGE shout out to the hard-working staff of the Pittsfield Public Schools, for once again making the free summer school lunch program happen. In addition, they are also offering Lunch and Learn activities throughout the summer. For more details on that please visit their website here. Thanks, everyone!
For more, check out their post on Facebook here.