Small Fire Reported At Pittsfield Boys And Girls Club
Just after 8 a.m. on Wednesday morning, The Pittsfield Fire Department was dispatched to The Boys and Girls Club on Melville St. for a reported structure fire, according to Dep. Cheif Neil Myers.
On the way there, the fire was reported to be spreading; however, when we arrived, we found that the fire was just in a light fixture in the gym ceiling. The custodian was on scene and brought us in. It was a single light fixture, one of those big high bay lights had burned up. The custodian had a water can on the floor which he used to extinguished the fire himself.
Some embers had come down and melted on the brand new gym floor which now has to be repaired. There was a lot of smoke and he acted quickly and pulled the fire alarm alerting everyone in the building to temporarily evacuate.
There were no injuries reported and everyone was allowed back into the building shortly afterward.